Organization: Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
Atlanta Legal Aid operates the Pro Se Bankruptcy Assistance Project, utilizing volunteer law students (including dedicated students from Emory Law) and attorneys to counsel people proceeding pro se in the Northern District of Georgia with bankruptcy matters or considering such a filing. Volunteers register here.
**Volunteer attorneys should have existing knowledge of bankruptcy before participating in this clinic.**
Volunteer law students will contact the client who has registered and ensure that the information form is completed, as well as coordinating to obtain any documents needed for the consultation.
At a time that works for the volunteers and the client, they will meet via phone or video conference so that the attorney can advise the client in a one-time meeting about their bankruptcy case.
- May 3, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- May 31, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- Jun 28, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- Aug 2, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- Aug 30, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- Oct 4, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- Nov 1, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
- Dec 6, 2021: Remote Bankruptcy Clinic
Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact
- Add Org to Your Contacts
- Minimum Commitment
- Mentoring Provided
- Training Provided
- Relevant Experience Preferred
- LAR Certification Required
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
Project TypeLegal Clinic
Project ForAttorney, Law student
Populations ServedGeneral low-income
Subject AreasConsumer Law
Skills to be DevelopedClient advice and counseling, Client/witness interviewing, Substantive Knowledge