Property Tax Appeal Project
Organization: Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
Property taxes are rising, making homeownership unaffordable for many clients. In this critical project, volunteers assist homeowners by determining whether to appeal a property tax assessment, and how to appeal the assessment when appropriate. Law students can assist with tax assessment research and attorneys can represent or advice clients about advocacy at hearings.
- Jul 15, 2020: Fulton County Tax Appeal Remote Consultation Session #1
- Jul 20, 2020: Fulton County Tax Appeal Remote Consultation Session #2
- Aug 1, 2020: Fulton County Tax Appeal Remote Consultation Session #3
Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact
- Add Org to Your Contacts
- Minimum Commitment
- Mentoring Provided
- Training Provided
- Relevant Experience Preferred
- LAR Certification Required
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
Project TypeTransactional, Pro Se Assistance
Project ForAttorney, Law student, Paralegal, Accountant, Retired Lawyer/Judge
Populations ServedGeneral low-income, Seniors, People with Disabilities, Veterans/Military
Subject AreasProperty Tax Appeal
Skills to be DevelopedClient advice and counseling, Client/witness interviewing